Sunday, July 1, 2007

birthday fireworks for uncle tommy

Friday was Tom's birthday, so Kathy made a cherry cobbler and we all sang Saturday night before heading to Rocky Beach to watch the fireworks. Jojo sat in pride of place on Tom's lap.



The kids went on the boat with grandpa and to the beach with Tom, Kathy and their crew for the day so that Luke and I could work on the chicken coop. So here are some seriously sun-drenched, exhausted kids at about 9:20pm waiting on Rocky Beach for fireworks to start.


I can't remember being at the beach at night since we had the kids. I'd forgotten how pretty it is.


Did you all see the crazy moon on Saturday? My camera batteries were dying, and it was too dark for it anyway, or at least on the few settings I know anything about, but you can get the idea. At first we thought it was fireworks, but it wasn't blinking enough. Did you miss it? You can read an article at NASA's site about the moon illusion we saw instead.

No comments: