Friday, July 27, 2007

creature feature

Hey! Look! I wonder if this is one of the ones from the egg sac we watched hatch...wish my camera did a better job of focusing on small things... Here it is on Dante's thumb. Still small, but a lot bigger than the last time we saw it. And far afield, since we put them in the compost bin and Dante found this one in the herb bed on the side of the house.



Luke and Dante have been exploring the world of spiders, and fortunately there's a really nice active web in our living room above the lamp. So they've been finding flies and such, and tossing them into the web to watch the spider work. Mmmm, liquid innards of a fly. Delish!

See their previous donation? Right in front of the one she's wrapping. And how we've got a pic of her working on her egg sac, but it's on Dante's camera which I can't see from my spot on the couch.

Dante found this toad, and kept dropping it in the deck. I don't know about you, but it sure looks disgruntled to me and was I'm sure delighted to be set free shortly after this photo was taken.

No comments: