Saturday, September 29, 2007

catching up

We went to check out the new location for Riverview Farms up where Rob's ice cream is in Glastonbury. They had some baby chicks that they let the kids hold -- it's hard to remember our girls when they were this size.


This past week saw us very busy now that all our classes are in full swing, but my lovely family found time to celebrate my birthday even so. Dante picked a bouquet of flowers from around the yard, a mixture of wild and cultivated flowers.


My floral designer even included greenery and pebbles!

On Wednesday, we'd arranged for the kids to have their first sleep over with Lil and Jo, so we planned to go out to dinner, Luke surprised me at the end of the meal with tickets to see Regina Spektor at UCONN! The show was great -- it's a pretty intimate venue anyway, but we were in the front row of the balcony. And he hooked me up with a bunch of live shows of hers to listen to, AND did I mention my new wilco rooster shirt? Thursday night, my dad got pizza and a cake and Dante, Lucia, Lil and Jo helped me blow out some seriously big candles.

Fall gourds from Old Maid's Farm.

Dante caught this spotted salamander under a rock at the edge of our property.

No comments: