Wednesday, September 5, 2007

all present and accounted for

While I took these pictures, the rest of the girls raided the garden. After I'd shooed them out, they were too skittish to pose, so this is all I have for now.

Nosy Rosie, curious about the camera.

Bandit always seems to think my clothes are food and pecks at whatever part of me is low enough.

Clover (and Luna who is almost her twin) are sweet, shy birds.

Izzy shies away from the paparazzi.

A photo from the monarch fest before we left on vaca. We also found a local guy who took some incredibly detailed pics of the monarch metamorphosis. Seriously, check it out. The photos are stunning. He's also got a the same sort of thing for the cecropia moth:

a beautiful moth with a 6 inch wingspan -- that's his pic of the female just emerged from her cocoon. The photographer, Stan Malcom, has more gorgeous photos from his walks along the airline trail.

No comments: