Sunday, August 17, 2008

lately

We've been up to more than chickens recently, and here's the proof...

Dante and Lucia found 2 more monarch caterpillars on our milkweed, so we took the bigger one inside and two days later, it was already in the "J" stage.

I hadn't seen this guy for a while, but evidently he's the reason I'm going through birdseed like mad.

Dante found this guy at our friend's house and invited him onto his hand for a while.


While Grandpa and Dante packed up the kayaks, Lulu enjoyed her new bike.

This is a young coconut. We found one at Whole Foods and bought it. I found a video online that shows how to crack it open, so we did. While the video and other things I've read suggest that people love to pop a straw in and sip the water as is, no one around here was all that thrilled by it, so I made a raw chocolate cake (which tasted like stiff chocolate cake batter -- YUM) with a coconut glaze. And since I was in the kitchen, I also made a raw blueberry pie. The thing about these pies is that because it's not heavy with sugar, I don't feel gross when I eat it. So the whole pie was gone less than 12 hours after I made it.

No comments: