Thursday, August 7, 2008

hen and chicks


Still in the tub at night, the girls and their mama enjoy days out on the front lawn in the chicken tractor. Since they're exposed to the elements, they're feathering out faster than other chicks kept under a lamp. See their pretty wings?

Tinkerbelle's chick is at the bottom right, and the rest are wyandottes. The light ones are BLRWs, and I'm fairly sure the darker ones are the gold and blue laced cross, but will have to see them with their adult feathers to be sure. I'm not sure what Luna's feeding the chick here. I think I tossed in some banana, and tho the chicks have gotten the concept and rush over to whatever tasty treat I put in their pen, Luna still rips little bits off and drops it on the ground for them. Making almost the same noise Peepers makes when he finds a snack as they meander around the yard.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The chicks are so cute. My kids are going to love them! I can't believe you have a real farm going there. - J