Monday, February 4, 2008

Rumpless Roo!

We've been hosting an arts & craft day for some friends at our house for the past few weeks. During one of these, Dante came running inside to report that Slick, our neighbor's younger golden retriever, had gotten one of our silkie roosters and carried him off!

I tossed off my slippers (!) and dashed outside in my socks, to see Slick dashing off down the hill between our houses. I called her, and she dropped him and came back up to me, so I brought her inside and confined her in the bathroom. Back outside, Dante went down to find the poor silkie. I'd seen him take a few steps after she dropped him, but I didn't know if he was injuired.

So, this is our control. Our Silkie that wasn't chicknapped. Note the tail.

Now witness our poor rumpless roo! While I'm sure he's happy not to have lost more, he's not thrilled at this development. (ps -- see the black skin!)

Peepers gives me the evil eye as I photograph his harem.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww the poor thing!! As if life weren't hard enough under Peeper's regime

Anonymous said...

I will say, actually, that in fact it seems to have eased tensions and he's not the outcast he once was. If this was in fact Maple who was abducted. Dante and I can't agree. Either way, both silkies are now part of the crew much more than they ever have been.